of St. Cecilia
Regina SK S4T 0S1
Office Phone: (306) 545-4051
Fax: (306) 545-3448
Hall Phone: (306) 545-2266
Pastor (effective Aug. 1/08) Fr. John Weckend
Administrative Assistant: Melita Stenhouse
Wheelchair Accessible - the church, meeting rooms and Parish
Hall (basement) are wheelchair accessible through the Parish Centre.
An elevator is located just inside the Parish Centre door (on 7th
Air conditioned facility.
-- map and driving directions.
Parish is located in north-west Regina, a few minutes drive north
of the Regina Airport.
The parish boundaries are:
- on the east: Albert Street
- on the south: CP railway tracks
- on the west: city limits
- on the north: CN rail tracks
This includes the areas of Mount Royal, Rosemont, Coventry Place,
Transcona, Windsor Place, Washington Park, and Pioneer Village.
Within the parish boundaries are Pioneer Village seniors care
centre, the RCMP national training depot, St. Francis School, Sacred
Heart School, Martin Collegiate, Scott Collegiate, Pasqua Hospital,
Exhibition Park and Mosaic Stadium (Taylor Field).
- available to registered parishioners. Contact the church office
for details on seating capacity, cost, availability at 545-4051.
History -- Archives
St. Cecilia parish was erected September 1, 1954 by Archbishop M.
C. O'Neill. 50th Anniversary
The present church was built in 1958-1959. The first mass was celebrated
at midnight, Christmas Day, 1958.
of the church was done by Archbishop O'Neill on March 9, 1959.
The first confirmation was celebrated a week later.
The parish centre
(offices, meeting rooms, rectory) was built in 1984.
information about St. Cecilia's pastors and church history.
Other Archives info
We welcome your comments and suggestions about this site.
updated Jan. 26, 2011